We get our own month as people serving in the Recovery world! Woo Hoo!
It’s rather exciting to have an opportunity to boast in Recovery for a whole month!
I must admit, it’s a bit weird to have such a thing when you know this monster doesn’t rest.
There is a solution!
There are incredible resources for those struggling with addiction and for those who love the addicted!
Harbor Rock can help find the right “next step.” We actually want to help!
We offer 5 categories of support that you should know about:
- Assessment: A brief interview with the person in need to discover the unique challenges they face, from their perspective, what is the current reality of the situation. We know the right questions to ask in order to offer the next step. we will listen with compassion and skill.
- Referral: There is not a “one size fits all” answer for individuals. There are certainly some common factors in the recovery process but there may be a need for detox! Is there a co-occurring disorder? What is the current reality, are there resources available; relational support, insurance, self-pay, or is the client looking for something with little or no casts? Our database includes many different organizations that are very capable in their field. Private pay, Insurance, County, Faith Based!
- Biblical Coaching and Counseling: We can offer a variety of services within this aspect of healing. We have a database of well respect professionals, amazing Christian partners, Safe and reliable “Friends of Harbor Rock” and of course the Holy Spirit! (Professional, Peer, Pneuma) We would gladly offer support and direction towards this kind of help. You are not alone!
- Interventions: Staging an intervention is not a “quick fix” and can be a very tricky thing to navigate. We want to create loving, affirming, life giving space for the addicted and for those who love them. We believe it can be a win ~ win for all concerned but it takes time, commitment and prayer. We believe when the client wins, the family wins. The future can be a life of freedom and abundance!
- Faith Based Sober Living: We currently operate a men’s Sober Living and look forward to opening a women’s house. The concept is simple: Cooperatively living in a sober house with others who share the same aspirations. Sober Living is NOT a program. People living together share in house chores, respect house rules and enjoy living and growing in their recovery together. There are a couple critical things house mates agree to:
- Go to church. We are a Christian Faith-based non-profit and want to expose our residents to one of our partner churches (25+ list upon request)
- Midweek House meeting (12 step Bible Study)
All residents can work, must pay rent and are asked to get to recovery meetings in the community. For more info, contact House manager Brendan Baltimore (310) 654-9186.